Vitamin D is often referred to as “the sunshine vitamin” as the sun is the greatest source of this nutrient.
Your skin hosts a type of cholesterol that functions as a precursor to vitamin D. When this compound is exposed to UV-B radiation from the sun, it becomes vitamin D.
According to the National Institute of Health, we should spend at least 30 minutes in the sun with exposure to our unprotected face, arms, legs or back between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. (Keep in mind sunscreen can block Vitamin D production). In most cases, doing this 3 times per week is enough for our bodies to produce the D3 it needs.
Vitamin D is also present in foods such as fish, eggs, dairy, soy and almond milks, but in less abundance.
Vitamin D intake is recommended at 400–800 IU/day, or 10–20 micrograms. Some studies suggest that a higher daily intake of 1000–4000 IU (25–100 micrograms) is needed to maintain optimal blood levels. It is best to check with your doctor to confirm what works best for you.
As people are spending more time indoors (especially during winter months) and more of us are moving towards veganism, Vitamin D deficiency has now become a widespread, global, public health issue.
For this reason, many us are proactively relying on supplementation to be sure we receive enough of this essential nutrient.
Evidence has shown that adequate levels of Vitamin D are required to prevent bone disorders such as rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults.
Vitamin D also provides the following benefits:
- Enhances intestinal absorption and metabolism of the dietary minerals calcium, magnesium, phosphate and zinc, thus playing a crucial role in skeletal health
- Helps achieve and maintain optimal bone mineral density
- Supports healthy immune system function, and recent research shows that it may play a role in normal cardiovascular function
With so many options on the market, it may be difficult to choose the best supplement for you and your family
We worked with a team of seasoned professionals that have been leading the industry for over 50 years to help us develop our formulation of Vitamin D3.
Here are some reasons why APOLLO SUN VITA D3 2000 IU is a great choice:
- High potency Vitamin D3 as Cholecalciferol (from Lanolin); Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 is the same type of Vitamin D which is made by the skin when exposed to sunlight:
- Highly absorbable liquid softgel with added Extra Virgin Olive Oil to further maximize its effectiveness; (For best results, Vitamin D3 may be consumed with fats or oils such as olive oil, avocado, nuts, and seeds)
- Supplies 240% daily value in each serving
- Convenient 1 softgel per day daily dosage so it is easy on the stomach
- Made with natural ingredients and produced in state-of-the-art, GMP facilities
- Tested, verified and guaranteed for safety, purity, potency and effectiveness
- UL Certified, Non-GMO, Kosher and Halal; Does not contain yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients:
- Premium quality at affordable price.
Check out APOLLO SUN VITA D3 2000 IU on Amazon for 25% Off and free Prime Shipping!